Search This Blog

Monday 5 January 2009

Western Digital MyBook Studio Edition II Hard Drive

Hi,
I have used 3 external hard drives for the past few years to ensure that all my documents and photographs are securely backed up and available into the future. Two nights ago I received the message from my backup software that my discs are full. I have decided to purchase Western Digital MyBook Studio Edition II external hard drive with a total capacity of 2TB. The unit consists of 2 x 1TB hard drives and when used in RAID 0 configuration it delivers 2TB of 'striped' storage. I will use the drive in RAID 1 whereby I will have 2 x 1TB discs with each drive being a 'mirror' image of the other. Hopefully, I will have the drive by the weekend and should be in a position to post further details on it by then.
Anthony.....


No comments:

Post a Comment